Special - Dept of Louisiana
Marine Corps League
Department of Louisiana
Floyd L. Baxter Red River
Gen. Walter S. McIlhenny
Jans F. Hursey
Paul E Boyd
West Calcasieu Al Worley
Metaire Devil Dogs
Go to content
Homecoming Schedule, Second Lieutenant Harvel Moore, USMC
Officer in Charge: Major Tim Kronjaeger, USMC
Timeline of Events
(As of 15 May)
Arrival Date and Time
: 24 May 2018 @ 11:13AM Delta Airlines Flight DL 1504 will arrive at Jackson Medgar-Wiley Evers Int’l Airport
Viewing Date and Time
: 25 May 2018 @ 5:00PM until 8:00PM. Private family viewing at 5:00PM. Ceremony starts at 6:00PM.
Internment Date and Time:
26 May 2018 @ 2:00PM.
Location of Viewing:
Griffin Funeral Home at 911 Warren Dr. West Monroe, LA 71291
Location of Cemetery
: Chatham Cemetery at 12676 Shell Ave, Chatham, LA.
1. 7:00AM Family, USMC Honor Guard, and Funeral director meet at funeral home
2. 7:30AM Depart funeral home for Jackson international Airport, MS. Travel time (2 hr 4 min) via I-20
3. 10:00AM (approx. time) arrive at Airport Lower level and meet with airport security
4. 11:13AM Plane-Side honors
5. 12:00PM Depart Airport. Marines, MS Patriot Guard Riders and MS State Police will escort funeral procession.
6. 1:00 – 1:15PM Rest stop at Louisiana Welcome Center on I-20 (Escort handover to LA Patriot Guard Riders and LA State Police)
7. 2:30PM Arrive at Griffin Funeral Home
8. Escort will perform inspection.
1. 5:00PM-6:00PM Family viewing at funeral home
2. 6:00PM-8:00PM Ceremony
1. 12:30PM Family, Marine Pallbearers, Funeral Director meet at the Funeral Home
2. 1:00PM Funeral procession will depart for cemetery. Escort by Patriot Guard Riders and led by LA State Police.
3. 2:00PM Graveside service, Military Honors and USMC flyover
Back to content